From France, René Carron was successively a farmer who was deeply involved in the local chambers of agriculture, then a politician who was highly appreciated and recognized in his region.
The culmination of his career came when he became president of Crédit Agricole and completed the merger with Crédit Lyonnais.
René is a member of many prestigious Boards of Directors and brings to the Ficodis Group his experience in corporate governance, based on strong values and proximity.
He has received numerous distinctions and held various positions:
– Knight of the Legion of Honour, Commander in the Order of Agricultural Merit.
– Officer in the National Order of Merit / Knight in the Order of Arts and Letters.
– Former President of Crédit Agricole SA, former Director of Suez.
– Vice-president of the General Council of SAVOIE until September 1998.
– President of the Association Albertville 1992 (preparation and organization of the Olympic Games).
– General Counsel of SAVOIE (until March 2004).