Created by private investors, FICODIS is a Canadian corporate group that has for mission to offer businesses a variety of services, technical skills and products in the field of industrial supplies.
FICODIS acquires different industrial supplies distributors that each have significant expertise and specialties and are well-respected brands in their area. Each acquisition is made with respect to the history and values of each company.
In April 2012, FICODIS takes form with the acquisition of DEL-PAR, and soon, VL Industrial is added to reinforce the group in October 2012. The years to come will be dedicated to making more acquisitions, developing sales as well as strong supplier and client relationships.
The last months of 2013 and the beginning of 2014 saw the FICODIS Group move to a new phase of its construction with the opening of the head office in August 2013, the creation of DFI in Drummondville in January 2014, the acquisition of Industrial Solutions in Ottawa in February and, finally, the official launch of the VERSION B offer in March.
In April 2015, the acquisition of PIQ (Pièces Industrielles Québec) in Lévis allowed us to add experience in hydraulics and serve customers in the South Shore.
Fixcalous in Granby joined us in October 2016 bringing a recognized know-how in Power Tools.
2016 is a year of flight for Ficodis and accelerated penetration on the market:
- January 2016: acquisition of HT Technologies in Terrebonne specialized in the cutting tool.
- August 2016: acquisition of Outils Plus in Quebec City; the reference distributor of hand tools and power tools in Quebec City.
- August 2016: acquisition of TH Pelletier in Lévis, a company recognized since 1921 for its expertise in the field of pumps; its activities are integrated with that of PIQ to form PIQ-TH Pelletier.
- October 2016: acquisition of Varco in Ontario (3 branches on the Highway 401 corridor), recognized for its expertise in Cutting Tools.
- End of 2016: launch of CROMSON’s own brand whose slogan is; QUALITY, EXPERTISE, INNOVATION.
In order to support this rapid growth, FICODIS welcomes Fondaction in its capital and as a financial partner. It was very important for the board to welcome a partner who supports the local economy and shares its values.
2017 is a year of consolidation.
In 2018 and 2019, the Group resumes its acquisitions with the support of Fondaction and the Bank of Montreal:
- March 2018: the acquisition of Elite Tools in Lévis gives Groupe Ficodis real expertise in online sales.
- September 2018: Ficodis strengthens in Montreal and Toronto (Mississauga) with the acquisition of Transbearco Industrial and Transbearco Limited. It is also an opportunity to strengthen in the field of power transmission.
- Strengthening of the Power Transmission Network continues with the acquisition of another major player recognized in Toronto: Reliable Bearing.
The summer of 2019 sees the beginning of the deployment of the internet portal for online sales and customer relations: fournitures-industrielles.ca, offering its customers an innovative solution combining the efficiency of a well-calibrated online offer and strengths. the proximity of its network of local companies.
Lastly, the Group took another dimension in August 2019 by entering the American market with the acquisition of Blue Point Tool and Supply; a Long Island company, highly recognized for the quality of its customer service and expertise in cutting tools in the states of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut